2 an open way (generally public) for travel or transportation [syn: road]
1 send documents or materials to appropriate destinations
2 send via a specific route
3 divert in a specified direction; "divert the low voltage to the engine cylinders"
- root ()
- The course or way which is traveled or passed, or is to be
- The route was used so much that it formed a rut.
- A passing; a course; a road or path; a march.
- The way to do something.
- French: chemin (1), route (1, 2)
- German: Route (1, 2)
- Japanese: 通路(つうろ, tūro) (1), 路線(ろせん, rosen) (2), 手段(しゅだん, shudan) (3)
- Norwegian: rute m|f
- Spanish: recorrido , ruta
- Portuguese: rota
EtymologyFrom rupta (via).
Route may refer to:
route in French: Route (homonymie)
address, air lane, avenue, beat, carry, circuit, conduct, consign, convey, course, direct, direction, dispatch, escort, flight path, forward, itinerary, lead, line, orbit, passage, path, pilot, primrose path, remit, road, round, run, sea lane, see, shepherd, ship, shortcut, show, steer, tour, track, trade route, traject, trajectory, trajet, transmit, walk, way